How to properly cleanse and moisturize the skin
To properly cleanse and moisturize the skin, follow these steps:
- First, remove any makeup and dirt on your face using a gentle cleanser. Avoid using hot water, as it can strip the skin of its natural oils. Instead, use lukewarm water.
- Massage the cleanser onto your skin in circular motions, being careful to avoid the eye area. Rinse the cleanser off with lukewarm water, then pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- After cleansing, use a toner to remove any remaining impurities and balance the pH of your skin. Simply apply the toner to a cotton pad and swipe it over your face.
- Next, apply a serum to your skin. Serums are lightweight and are able to penetrate deep into the skin to deliver powerful ingredients.
- Finish off your skincare routine by applying a moisturizer to lock in all the previous products and keep your skin hydrated. Be sure to use a moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Once or twice a week, you should also exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and improve the overall appearance of your skin. Just be sure not to overdo it, as over-exfoliating can actually damage your skin.
It’s also important to remember to always use sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from the damaging effects of UV rays.